7 Excellent Tips for Becoming Good at Email Marketing
Email marketing is a marketing method that uses emails to promote to customers. To some, this can sound a bit difficult, but it really isn’t. Using email marketing to reach your customer base isn’t as hard as you might think, especially if you pay close attention to the following tips in this article.
- To make your emails look as professional as possible, invest a little thought in their design. Use a consistent layout, color scheme, and logo with all of your messages. This gives your subscribers the impression that they are hearing from a trustworthy, authoritative source. They will pay more attention and give your content more credence this way. If you are not good at email design, browse the collection of free HTML email templates and download the template that fits your niche better.
- Think about what you will tell your subscribers in your emails. If you run out of ideas for your email marketing campaign, try allowing your customers to assist you. Do things like write down questions that you receive from customers. Then when you go to send the next email, you have a topic. Make sure to include the customer’s name for credit too.
- Emphasize the benefits of your product or service whenever possible. Subscribers will want to know what’s in it for them, so tell them — in the subject line, in your links, and in your content. Your subscribers will be much more interested in your message if they feel that it can help them in some way.
- Make certain that the ‘From’ field of your emails displays your name or your business in a manner that is easily recognizable. Many people determine whether they are going to read an email based on the ‘From’ field. A lot of people are also wary of opening emails that are sent from places that they do not readily recognize due to the fact that emails can contain viruses.
- To maximize the effectiveness of your emails, send them out on Tuesday or Wednesday. Research shows that people are actually more inclined to respond positively to various forms of communication on these days, including email. Not only are they more likely to read your email, but they’re also more apt to click on buttons or links, which means that you’re more likely to see an increase in sales. Send your emails at mid-afternoon for optimal results.
- Solicit feedback in your emails. Ask a thought-provoking question and ask your readers to respond. This will engage those on your list, and they will feel like they are having a more personal experience than they otherwise would. You will also glean valuable feedback that you can use to adjust your emails if needed.
- Be persistent. Studies show that it takes a minimum of 7 to 8 impressions before your newsletters will take effect on a potential customer, and it could take many more. You need to touch base with your customers at least once every few weeks, and assume they will not buy your product or even click your links for several iterations of messages.
Hopefully now that you have read this article, you are a little less intimidated by email marketing. The widely used marketing practice is fairly simple to implement and can be adapted in no time at all. Simply remember all of the tips that you read here and you will be on your way to using emails for marketing.